Thursday 22 September 2011

Primer+ COLOURCORRECTOR= SHU UEMURA

This was NOT my original choice.

When a lovely Shu Uemura representative at Liberty calmly explained to me that Shu Uemura had discontinued my original colour corrector, I wanted to weep. Uncontrollably. This was not a good situation. Having inherited oddly red splotchy Celtic skin from SOMEONE in my family, I need a daily dose of green goop to cover it up with a lightweight dash of foundation added for good measure. Then he showed me this.

 I was not altogether convinced. It shimmered for a start, shimmer doesn't cover, it HIGHLIGHTS, then he explained that aswell as acting as a primer, this was also a colour corrector and an illuminator. So TECHNICALLY not only was I being able to replace my old faithful, but I was getting a BARGAIN in the process. SO, sceptical, I bought it, took it home and tried it. And I have to say I was really quite impressed. It wasn't QUITE as good as the old one, lord knows why the dumb ass cosmetic Japanese folks got rid of it anyway, buuuuut given a chance it did exactly as I was promised it would. I applied it with a long thick eyeshadow blending brush ( I don't like foundation brushes and they don't like me) the first time layering with my foundation and now I mix it altogether. I applied all over my cheeks and under my eyes. It controlled the oil in my skin, looked beautifully dewy with my foundation and died down my red complexion without making me look ghostly. Infact considering the definite green colour, it made me look... HEALTHY. With the help of my Clarins Foundation it gave me a blank canvass to work with and made me look positively RADIANT! Happy times. You can BUY IT HERE which yes, is the US site, or can take a trippydoodle down to any fabulously flashy department store and buy it there too!


NEXT TIME:::   DERMACOLOUR PALETTE REVIEW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment