Sunday 18 September 2011

Getting back to PAKS



DENMAN::: You may recall me buying their Thermo Ceramic Self Grip Rollers, well I tried them for a wedding I did back in August. I tried them on the trial as luckily I knew the party on a personal level and the Bridesmaids played Guinea Pig for me. OK, they WORK. They were not the BEST quality in the world, and I am still not entirely sure which part of them exactly was ceramic, but they work. They did make the hair hold shape and give body which is generally what they are supposed to do. After tonging with a 38mm barrel, I used them on three front sections of the hair using the L'Oreal Curl Spray from before and a VO5 Heat Defence Spray. And I have to say even after brushing out they retained the curl and volume for the hair as intended. The ONE downside? The 'self grip' part is a real pain in the ass. If you are using them on relatively short hair, no longer than say 4 inches, then yeah fabulous, otherwise it's a messy matted up NO GO. The 'self grip' act like velcro and grip every piece of hair, which is great, apart from when you're wanting to undo them and have about 10 seconds to undo 20. NOT GOOD. But yes apart from that they do the job, like every product on here I have reviewed and haven't thought it be the best thing in the world, everyone's opinion is different, I gave these to one of my assistants so she could try them. I will ask her how she got on with them, maybe they're a hit with her...

No comments:

Post a Comment