Thursday 22 September 2011

'''BACK TRACK ON black track

Remember this one?


SO yes, originally I was quite doubtful about it, it's a gel eye liner and I don't DO gel eye liner... I tried an Inglot one once before and the results were so 'concrete' like and generally horrific I didn't use it again. The Inglot one I tried dried very quickly- too damn quickly if you ask me, you couldn't work with it, blend it or take it off... at all. No exaggeration. My first on location shoot a few years ago and I couldn't get it off the damn model. EMBARRASSED does not cover it.

Anyway: MAC. I generally don't do MAC either. I used to love their eye shadows until I found the eyeshadows started being less saturated with pigment and the foundations for me just aren't what I like to use. HOWEVER, after using this I have found it's pretty legendary. It's fab for any kind of style of eye, you just have to figure out what brushes you wish to use with it, a short rounded and small eye shadow blending brush is fabulous for under eye smokiness, layer as you wish to make the look darker/ heavier. If you wish to go for something more dramatic then I suggest teaming this with a fine angle tipped brush, you can really experiment with shape and technique with these.

Application and De Application? VERY very easy, and I like easy. It smoothes on beautifully, whether your first smooth on is a little or a lot, layering is easy and can leave you COMPLETELY saturated in darkness, fabilicious you do however have to wait a tiny while for it to dry properly- this is not necessarily a bad thing. Blending it isn't hard work either. Whilst it is largely waterproof and stays put after a good 12 hours at work, taking it off to be honest is just as easy as putting it on. I did my usual cleansing routine, damp cotton wool and putting a marrowfat pea sized portion of Simple Kind to Eyes Nourishing Eye Make Up Remover Cream and massaging gently over my whole eye area. I then proceeded to take it off by gliding my damp cotton wool pads over my eye. It literally slid of. YAY!!! No red puffy eye in SIGHT! MAC for ONCE I salute you!


BUY HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment