Tuesday 28 June 2011

Clinique Foundation:::

Clinique Redness Solutions Foundation Make Up in 03 Calming Ivory was my first ever Clinique tester. I had my hopes as of those of you who read my blog and know me, know, I have VERY red splotchy skin. I was therefore, really excited to try this out!


So after CTM'ing in the morning I used this for one week, with powder and without and each day with different amounts of layers on.


Day One: I tried a thin layer, mainly on my cheeks ( that's where the redness on my face is), bearing in mind I really wanted to try this to CALM DOWN the redness on my cheeks, if not to make it disappear completely without the need to use my Shu Uemura Colour Corrector. So I tried this out with a small amount of matt powder ( Bobbi Brown Loose Powder in 01 Translucent) but by midday ( four hours after applying)my skin had sucked all the goodness out of the stuff. Bad Times. My redness had died down but my skin looked cakey and dehydrated. ( I think the fact I am not using the Kiehl's Skin Tone Corrector or the Clarins Hydra Quench doesn't really help. Bad Times number 2.)


Day Two: I tried a thin layer once again but this time WITHOUT my powder. It did let my skin breathe a bit more without the powder but most of the foundation had rubbed off again by midday. I really think the lack of moisturiser loving from my faithful Kiehl's and Clarins goodies definitely doesn't help.


Day Three: I put the foundation on in thin layers today again with a little loose powder to set it. Same result as day one but it kind of looked worse as I now had a think caked dehydrated crispy layer of make up on my cheeks either side of my top lip- ATTRACTIVE!


Day Four: I put the foundation on in thin layers once again but NO loose powder. This had a much better effect than any of the previous, my cheeks were still slightly covered by midday, it had bought down the redness considerably.


I will be trying this product again in my skin tone once I am able to get my hands on some hydration goodies for my skin. I don't think my usual work environment helps, a very dry, dusty and old building doesn't exactly do wonders for your skin. If you're skin isn't as dry and chafy as bit of old sandpaper I would definitely try this product. BUY HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment