Tuesday 10 May 2011

...SIMPLES

I am prepared to admit that until very recently I was blooming useless at skin care, always using soap and water to wash my face even though I knew I shouldn't. It was a cardinal sin for the Beauty Artist in me. The genius of what I would call High Street skincare and the gumption to ask for samples from your local Selfridges/ Boots or House of Fraser has taught me that it doesn't have to be a mission OR ridiculously expensive.

So a trip has led me to Simple. Simple is really quite an amazing brand. It contains a comparatively small amount of parabens and general bad stuff that can make your skin feel questionable. It's fragrance free, colour free and contains Pro- Vitamin B5 among other lovely things. It is also used in every type of kit and beauty regime from Lisa Eldridge to your Grandma.

I tested:


Simple Kind to Eyes Nourishing Eye Make Up Remover Cream 100ml £3.99: I started by wetting my face with warm/hot water. Placing a thumb sized blob on my fingers and massaging it over my eye area was easy and painless enough to do :) all good so far. I then wiped it off with gentle sweeping motions with dampened cotton wool pads. One of the first things I noticed was how moisturising it was and then secondly how much dirt it actually removed from my skin at the same. Fabulous! I then proceeded to Cleanse Tone Moisturise as normal.

Verdict: Lovely. Completely cleansed my eye area with zero irritation - I have very sensitive skin, no bubble bath or heavily scented moisturisers for me :( - and I haven't even needed an eye cream so far ( I tested that bit too just incase). Buy at: Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment